Assam a prehistoric leviathan along the length of the Brahmaputra valley, and most accessible of the Northeast States. A hospitable population, a cuisine with its own distinctive aromas and flavors, a vibrant artistic heritage marked by exotic dance forms, and a string of elegant Hindu temples top its list of innumerable attractions. The archetypal Assamese landscape is a picturesque golden-green vista of rice fields and manicured tea estates.
|ARRIVAL/RETURN LOCATION||Guwahati Airport|
|ON ARRIVAL||Our Representative will receive you on arrival & arrange a safe transfer to hotel|
Main Attractions – Mountains & Hill station, National Park, Waterfalls, Traditional cuisines etc.
Places – Guwahati, Kaziranga National Park, Shillong & Cheerapunjee.
|location||Guwahati, Shillong – Cherrapunjee|
Day 1: Arrival
- Guwahati Airport, assistance and warm traditional welcome by our representative visit the famous Maa Kamakhya Temple on the Nilachal Hills (10kms) – a seat of the tantric cult in India and one of the 108 Shakti Pethas in the country. Check in at city hotel. Evening visit local market at Guwahati. Overnight at Guwahati.
Guwahati – Kaziranga National Park
- After breakfast transfer to Kaziranga National Park. Kaziranga National Park in the heart of Assam, covering an area of 430 sq.-km, is inhabited by the world’s largest population of one-horned rhinoceroses, as well as many mammals, including tigers, elephants, panthers and bears, and thousands of birds. In 1985, it was declared a World Heritage Site by UNESCO for its unique natural environment. Evening visit tea Garden near by the park. Overnight stays in resort in Kaziranga.
Jungle Activities at Kaziranga National Park – Shillong
- After an early wake up, you will be taken to the riding point in the Central Range (Kohora) for an Elephant Ride. After the ride return back to the Hotel. After breakfast drive to the Central Range (Kohora) of the park for a jeep safari. Later transfer to Shillong. Shillong, also known as ‘The Scotland of the East’ is the capital city of Meghalaya. En route you will visit the largest manmade lake of Northeast India – Umium Lake. Reaching Shillong after 3 hours journey (approximately), we check-in at a city Hotel. After freshen up visit Cathedral of Marry & the Polo Ground. Evening free for leisure or for shopping in the famous Police Bazaar in Shillong. Overnight in Shillong
Shillong – Cherrapunjee – Shillong
- Morning after breakfast drive to Cherrapunjee which is famed for being the wettest place in the world. After a drive of 1 ½ hours amid pine trees and mists we reach Cherrapunjee. Cherrapunjee possesses some exotic waterfalls and impressive limestone caves. In Cherrapunjee, we visit the Nohkalikai Falls, Seven sisters’ falls, Mawsmai Caves, Rama Krishna Mission, Eco Park and the Thangkharang Park .Overnight at Shillong.
: Shillong – Guwahati
- Today morning at 8.00 AM after breakfast drive back to Guwahati. Reached Guwahati we visit Sri Shankar deva Kalakshetra-a cultural Centre with a fine exposition of the life and culture of the people of Assam, Balaji Temple & Basistha Ashram .Evening Cruise on the mighty river Brahmaputra (subject to availability/direct payment basis) & visit local market at Guwahati. Overnight in Guwahati.
Day 6 : Return
Guwahati Airport Dropping
- After breakfast check out from the hotel and transfer to Guwahati Airport for the onward journey.
Tour & Services Ends…
Note – We welcome the Customization of your tour.