Mount Kailash, the holiest of all the holy mountains, the spiritual junction for both the Hindus and Buddhists, is situated in the western part of Tibet. This Yatra is mainly famous for two things – a parikrama of Mount Kailash & a holy dip in the Mansarovar Lake.
|ARRIVAL/RETURN LOCATION||IGI Airport – New Delhi / Tribhuvan International Airport – Kathmandu|
|ON ARRIVAL||Our Representative will receive you on arrival & arrange transfer to Hotel.|
Main Attractions – Mountains, Lakes, Monuments & Temples etc.
Kailash Mansarovar has Three different routes :-
Route 1 – Famous Route – Delhi, Kathmandu & Tibet etc. (Check Itinerary ) this route is CLOSED after Nepal Earthquake.
Route 2 – Indian Himalayas from Gangtok – Sikkim – Nathula & Tibet Etc.
Route 3 – Delhi, Almora, Dharchu La & Tibet Etc.
From New Delhi & Lucknow – India to Nepalgunj – Nepal & Tibet etc. (10 Days)
You can fly past Kathmandu – Nepal to Lhasa (Gonggar Airport) then by road.
*You have to Book early to avoid last minute hassle. Bookings are Open for 2017 Yatra.
|location||Kathmandu, New Delhi|
|duration||10 to 16 days|
|age||18+, Max 70 subject to fitness|
|material||Rain Coat, Sleeping Bag, Snow Gloves, Snow Jackets, Thermal Wears, Torch, Woolen Caps, Woolen Socks|
Day 1: Arrival
- Upon arrival proceed to onward journey to Kathmandu (Approx 2 hours Flight)
- Arrive Kathmandu. Transfer & check in to hotel.
- Evening – Detail briefing on Kailash Manasarovar Yatra.
Visit Pashupatinath & Boudhanath Temples. In the Evening free for preparation.
- Overnight stay at hotel.
- After Early breakfast, check-out from the hotel & proceed for onward journey,
- A drive from Kathmandu to Nyalamu (Nyalam) around 150 Km 7 – 8 hours Journey.
- Overnight Stay at Nyalamu.
- Rest Day at Nyalam to acclimatization.
- Overnight Stay at Nyalamu.
Drive to Dongba, it would be a drive to an extensive distance to reach Dongba
- Nyalamu to Dongba: 365 km, Driving hours: 6 – 7 hrs .
On the way, you will be passing through Peiku Lake, Ganesha Parvat and Brahmaputra River.
Also, you will be passing through a couple of other high passes.
- Overnight Stay at Dongba.
- Today we will drive to lake Manasarovar and stay at Chiu Gompa.
- Dongba to Lake Mansarovar : 410 km, Driving hours: 6 – 7 hrs.
- On the way, we will be passing through Paryang town and Mayum-La pass ( 5200 m.)
- This is the highest motorable pass in this journey.
- While going to Chiu Gompa, we will make a clockwise parikrama of Lake Manasarovar.
- Drive lake Mansarovar to Darchen (4680 m ).
- Morning Puja, holy bath at Mansarovar. After lunch, drive to Darchen.
- Chiu Gompa to Darchen: 30 km, Driving hours: 1.5 hours .
- The drive from Darchen to Yama Dwar, Our Yak men will meet you here. We will load all logistics on Yaks then start the journey.
- Passengers who are going parikrama, after loading all logistic on Yaks, you will start your journey.
- Today, you will have to walk about 5 – 6 hrs ( 12 Km ) to reach Diraphuk Gompa for overnight stay.
*Passengers who are not going parikrama, after Darshan of Mount Kailash from Yama Dwar, return back to Darchen & have rest.
- Continue parikrama to Zhutulphuk via Gauri Kunda.
- Early morning, trek uphill to Dolma-La pass – It takes about 4 to 5 hours to reach Dolma Pass.
- This is the highest Pass (5600 m.) that you will cross on this journey – from Dolma pass, you will trek down to the valley-floor.
- Just right after the pass, you can see a beautiful but tiny lake on the right hand side – this is Gauri Kunda.
- From Dolma Pass, you have to trek another 4 hours to reach Zutulphuk.
*Please make you mind up, this is the toughest and longest day in parikrama.
- End parikrama near Darchen and drive back to Paryang town.
- After a short trek of 8 km ( 3 hrs ) from Zutulphuk, you will reach at the pick- up point, where you will meet our Vehicle waiting for you.
- Meet with other members then drive further to Paryang Town.
- Return journey Paryang to Nyalam.
- Early morning after breakfast, we set off our journey back to Nyalam.
- Paryang to Nyalam: 455 km, Driving hours: 6-7 hrs.
- Return journey to Kathmandu, Driving hours: 08 – 10 hrs.
Altitude (Kathmandu): 1380 m.
Day 13: Return
- Transfer to the Airport for your flight back home.
Tour & services Ends.
Note – Ask for Customized Itinerary.